Closing date: 15 Jul 2017
Background on ACTED
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
With a budget of 164 million EUR in 2014, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
The HQ of Acted was implemented in Paris in 2000 to coordinate the interventions of the organization at an international level.
Today, almost fifty people work in the HQ in the departments of Finance, Logistics, Security, Human Resources, Project Development, Audit, Hub and Communication. Those departments support the Country Directions and the Regional Offices.
You will support Acted’s Director of Programmes in numerous aspects of his functions, and the general activity of the department. In particular, you will have the following activities:
• Collect and analyze lessons learnt and best practices form field operations in order to promote active learning and improve program quality and effectiveness
• Assist in the preparation of program technical guidance notes, including translation (French – English), editing, proof-reading, and formatting
• Conduct background research, review latest publications and write synthesis reports for field teams so that the information can be used to bring innovation into program design and implementation
• Assist the Program Director in identifying new opportunities for program development
• Maintain and update the program section on the server and the ACTED intranet
• Draft general correspondence and responses to enquiries and field requests for information
• When required, represent the Director of Programmes at meetings and workshops
• BA Degree in international development or similar field
• Previous experience in the field in countries of the South
• Results, detail-orientation, and the ability to work with a sense of urgency in a multicultural and diverse environment.
• Ability to work independently in a range of environments and situations
• Well-organised, with good planning and problem-solving abilities.
• Flexible, quick-thinking, and ability to remain calm and positive in response to the challenges of work
• Skills in data collection, management and/or analysis
• Fluency in both French and English languages
• Monthly Compensation according to the legal basis (554.40 euros / month)
• “Tickets restaurant”
• Refund of 50 % of the transportation costs.
How to apply:
Please send, in English, your cover letter, CV, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit us at http://www.acted.org