Organization: International Institute for Educational Planning
Closing date: 12 Feb 2018
As the only specialized organization with the mandate to support educational policy, planning and management, IIEP plays a unique role within the United Nations system.
IIEP’s work is guided by the following principles, which are deeply rooted in the Institute’s history and culture:
- IIEP uses a capacity development approach to planning which promotes consultative, inclusive and participatory processes. National ownership is systematically pursued, encouraged and enhanced.
- IIEP is committed to creating and sharing knowledge to support context-relevant analyses to improve educational policy formulation and planning.
- IIEP engages in partnerships and alliances for greater effectiveness and sustainability. These include partnerships with ministries in charge of education, other line ministries, non-state actors, funders and other UN agencies.
With more than 50 years of experience of developing capacity to design and implement education policies and plans that fit countries’ needs and conditions, IIEP will continue to play a unique role on the international stage, assisting countries with challenges yet to come.
IIEP is looking for an assistant for its Information Service to provide support to the communications team and its overall activities.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Upload content to the Institute’s websites (CMS: Drupal).
- Create and send newsletters with Campaign Monitor.
- Collect contacts for the communications service (e.g. media, communication services of other organizations, influencers on social networks.)
- Create graphic content for the web and/or flyers and brochures.
- Use Indesign to work on the layout and integration of edits for the print and online version of the IIEP newsletter (in three languages).
- Develop and maintain a database of photos (thematic and geographical) to use for online and print communication materials.
- Support the communications team in the dissemination of products, research and announcements and provide support in increasing visibility of the Institute’s web platforms (e.g. having our platforms referenced on other websites).
- Participate in the animation of IIEP’s social media accounts.
- Assist the communications team during important events (provide support in the organization of events, sending press releases and invitations, etc.).
PROFILE AND SKILLS:
- University or Master’s Degree in Communications or related field;
- Experience working in communications required;
- Experience in the field of international development is a plus;
- Curiosity, strong social skills, ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Excellent command of English or French and good command of the other language;
- Excellent knowledge of communication tools (Indesign, Photoshop, Canva) and CMS (Drupal would be a plus);
- Knowledge of how to use different online tools (e-mailings, websites, blogs, newsletters, social networks.).
Mission based in Paris, 75116
Salary: 2,443 euros (gross)
How to apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘Communications Assistant’.