Organization: International Institute for Educational Planning
Closing date: 18 Feb 2018
As the only specialized organization with the mandate to support educational policy, planning and management, IIEP plays a unique role within the United Nations system.
IIEP’s work is guided by the following principles, which are deeply rooted in the Institute’s history and culture:
- IIEP uses a capacity development approach to planning which promotes consultative, inclusive and participatory processes. National ownership is systematically pursued, encouraged and enhanced.
- IIEP is committed to creating and sharing knowledge to support context-relevant analyses to improve educational policy formulation and planning.
- IIEP engages in partnerships and alliances for greater effectiveness and sustainability. These include partnerships with ministries in charge of education, other line ministries, non-state actors, funders and other UN agencies.
With more than 50 years of experience of developing capacity to design and implement education policies and plans that fit countries’ needs and conditions, IIEP will continue to play a unique role on the international stage, assisting countries with challenges yet to come.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and revise or edit short documents
- Draft short texts, as needed
- Assist the Editor in verifying corrections to proofs at progressive stages
- Prepare manuscripts for layout
- Insert proof corrections, using InDesign
- Liaise with staff from other units, to ensure completeness of manuscripts
- Liaise with external service providers (copy-editors, proofreaders, etc.)
- Support the Information Services team with other activities related to publications
PROFILE AND SKILLS
- University degree in international development, humanities, journalism or related subject, preferably with a Master’s Degree in related subject
- Native speaker of English
- Excellent editing and writing skills are required
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Familiarity with InDesign is desired
- Working knowledge of French is desired
- Familiarity with the publishing process is a plus
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work, and to demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish excellent working relationships within a multicultural team
Mission based in Paris 16
Salary: 3094 euros (gross).
How to apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, with the subject line ‘Editorial Assistant’.