Organization: Fédération Internationale des Ligues des Droits de I’Homme
Closing date: 31 May 2018
FIDH (International Federation for Human Rights) is an international non-governmental organisation based in France whose mission is to promote respect for the principles enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. FIDH brings together 184 national human rights organisations active on five continents.
The International Secretariat supports the activities of FIDH’s statutory bodies and implements their decisions. FIDH’s 2018 annual budget is 10 million euros. Its management is carried out by an Executive Directorate under the responsibility of the President.
It is within this context that FIDH is seeking a Chief executive officer (CEO)
The responsibilities of the CEO are:
1- External representation and communication with:
· The media on sensitive and important dossiers
· French and foreign public authorities
· Legal bodies
2- Institutional development (technical and financial partnerships)
· Strategic partnerships (consortiums, NGOs, etc.)
· Major donors
3- Leadership and development of governance
· Preparation and participation in the Congress, International Bureau and Executive Bureau
· Support and counsel the President and the Executive Bureau
· Accountability for the implementation of policy and strategic directions
· Manage the relationship with the leagues
4- Strategy development and implementation
· Development and monitoring the implementation of the global strategy with the Executive Bureau, International Bureau, Congress and Presidency
· Validation, monitoring and evaluation of action plans from management, in addition to the overall action plan
· Strategic and operational arbitration: budgets, donors, projects, activities, financing, etc.
5-Organisation and management of the International Secretariat
· Management of the Steering Committee (Comité de Direction)
· Management of the Departmental Directors: objectives, monitoring, annual evaluation, etc.
· Preparation and monitoring of inter-departmental cross-cutting projects
· Validation and supervision of safety/security policies (with the Direction of Operations and the Director of Human Resources)
How to apply:
Please send your application to: