Organization: UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
Closing date: 26 May 2018
Location: UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France
Unit: Partnerships, Communication and Meetings, Culture Sector, UNESCO
Type of contract: Internship (Unpaid)
Application deadline: 26 May 2018
Duration: 6 months
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) is responsible for coordinating international cooperation in education, science, culture and communication. Our objective, according to our Constitution, is “to contribute to the maintenance of peace and security by strengthening, through education, science and culture, collaboration among nations, to ensure universal respect for justice, law, human rights and fundamental freedoms for all, regardless of race, sex, language or religion, which the United Nations Charter recognizes for all peoples”.
The Culture Sector’s Partnerships, Communication, and Meetings Unit focuses on strategic partnerships development, communication (including through publications, social media and web), and events coordination and management.
Duties and responsibilities
For communication and outreach on the Culture Sector’s programmes, partnerships, campaigns and events:
- Assist with digital campaigns and the preparation of social media kits (including web cards, animated gifs, images and messages), as well as support live tweeting during events;
- Design promotional material for the Culture Sector’s events, publications and campaigns (cover pages, presentations, brochures, flyers, posters, kakemonos etc.);
- Support the production of multimedia contents and products (photos/ interviews/ videos/ infographics) for web communication, and facilitate their distribution to help expand our network of followers;
- Edit existing video clips on the Culture Sector’s activities and partnerships and facilitate their dissemination through various channels such as UNESCO’s website and social media;
- Research strong photos for communication and assist in the maintenance of the Culture Sector’s Photo bank;
- Research data and key findings from recent UNESCO reports and maintain and use these to develop digital products for the Culture Sector’s campaigns;
- Research digital media of other institutions and identify benchmarks and successful practices.
- Other tasks as requested by the Communications Team.
- Fluent in English or French, and excellent knowledge of the other language.
- Enrollment in a graduate degree programme in Marketing, Communication, Multimedia and Digital Communication, or relevant field.
- Experience in producing digital content and multimedia and/or digital communication products for the web and social media;
- Proficient in using new technologies, web-based platforms and social media networks;
- Excellent knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; Good knowledge of Final Cut Pro or similar video-editing software;
- Experience managing social media channels;
- Self-starter, organized, able to multitask and balance multiple responsibilities.
How to apply:
If you are keen on working, learning and contributing creatively to a dynamic team in an international environment, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.